Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rant and Rave Wednesday

Little Ms. Blogger does something called "Rant and Rave Wednesday". It sounds pretty interesting (and reminds me of when I have my students journal about the topic: "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" in their Writer's Notebooks), so I'm giving it a try. LMB has a linky thing (her terminology, not mine, although it's what I'd probably call it too :)) on her blog if you want to use that.

Okay, here we go ... my RANTS and RAVES of the week.

RANT: I had the flu again this past week. I am never sick, but I have for some reason been so sick this year. I missed three days of work (yeah, that would be the three days before February vacation) and I feel like such a slacker, but I had a fever of 102 and just felt HORRIBLE : (

RAVE: Addie got her hair cut and is becoming a young woman I am unspeakably proud of, and Belle is a feisty and funny six-year-old--and an equal source of pride for me : )

RANT: It is very difficult to keep everybody happy all the time. Sometimes I wish that I could clone myself (that's scary as hell, isn't it ;)?) so that I could be everywhere I need to be to keep things running smoothly.

RAVE: I am loving my friendship with Andy and the thought-provoking places it takes us--philosophy, men's rooms, and Monster Truck shows, to name a few : )

RANT: Every time I turn around, there is one more financial snafu that Pythagorus has put me in the middle of. I'm not going into detail, but suffice it to say that he has used the excuse "This company lost the check I sent" and "That company lost the check I sent" a hundred times and I stupidly believed it ... but "The IRS lost the check I sent" is just not going to fly, particularly when I'm potentially on the hook for tax evasion (it's all straightened out now, by the way, and the IRS was actually just wonderful to me).

RAVE: I'm loving that I'm having a really hard time coming up with rants. It tells me that my usual positive mental attitude is back in full force, which makes me soooooooooo happy : )

9 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate it when the kids grow up so fast? Honestly, I think childhood should last at least twice as long. Most days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that the positive attitude is coming back into full swing.

    I have to ask, did you have a flu shot? I know people that get the flu after they've had the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember a few years ago, there was this year I had a cold most of the winter which was unusual for me because I tend to go the whole season with one cold at the most. It weird how these things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need a clone too. One just for blogging! :) Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, you'll think of something to rant about tomorrow. ;-)

    I hope you feel better and I'm so glad your relationships are flowing smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you've been sick! That is definitely something to rant about! I pray you get to feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Addie looks beautiful.
    And it's great that you are having a hard time coming up with rants. Being happy isn't always the easiest thing in the world, but it sure feels great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! Mind if I "steal" it? lol!

    I'm glad that you can't think of a lot of rants. Unfortunately, mine would be a 'rants only' post this week. Grr!

    ReplyDelete
  9. T.Anne: I agree...most days ;)

    LMB: I didn't get the flu shot since I had a confirmed case of H1N1 in the fall. I guess this was just the seasonal flu, but it still really stunk :( Maybe I'll get a flu shot next year ... And thanks again for the "Rants and Raves" idea. I had a blast with this.

    Crimey: It is strange how that happens. My doctor said I had to stay out of school (well, work, I'm a teacher so that's an occupational hazard) for the three days before vacation because I really needed to rest and that's why I was so sick. I guess when your doctor can tell that you've been burning the candle at both ends a little much, it's time to slow down : )

    Elana: A blogging clone would be ideal :) I've been staying on top of my blog because I'm on vacation. Once school starts back up, I'll probably be a blog slacker again, and that drives me bonkers.

    Marvin: Yay :) And I do have stuff to rant about today (which is yesterday's tomorrow) ... crazy how that goes, isn't it?

    Sherrinda: Oh, thanks : ) I'm feeling much better minus the stupid nagging cough that makes me sound like an eighty year old smoker (no offense to any eighty year old smokers out there, I'm just neither eighty nor a smoker, so it bugs me to sound like this)

    DDD: Thanks, she just takes my breath away all of a sudden : ) And yeah, I've been very negative the past few months, so feeling positive feels especially amazing : )

    JJ: Do it : ) It was fun and informative and I actually learned a lot about what was on my mind that I wouldn't have realized if I hadn't made myself focus on it. Weird : )

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...