Friday, January 29, 2010

Let's Share Embarrassing Stories, Shall We ;)?

Since the drama in my life just perpetuates and it's very hard to blog without doing the whole SSDD thing, I feel very negligent. Hence, I'm going to share a recent embarrassing story. It made me laugh when it happened. It's making me laugh right now. I hope it will make you laugh. And I hope you will share an embarrassing/funny story in the comments so we can have a big freaking laughfest.

So ... (And this is an abbreviated version since I'm typing on my BlackBerry, which makes my thumbs hurt)

I was at a restaurant called Big Daddy's with Andy. He was telling me that the walls in the men's room have diamond studs (like the bed of a truck or something, I don't know). Well, it seemed pretty harmless for me to go look and see what the hell he was talking about, so I headed for the latrine.

The door was open. I saw the diamond-studded walls. I also saw a guy standing at the urinal. Yeah, like I said, I SAW this guy. Waaaaaay too much of this guy.

So I go running back to the table, and a bunch of people are saying, "Hey, lady, the girls' room is that way", and what the heck was I supposed to say? "I'm checking out the walls in the men's room?"

So I tell Andy what happened and he's laughing like crazy and I'm, like, magenta. The guy comes over and apologizes. I feel like the biggest ass in the world.

But damn, did that laughter feel fine :)

5 comments:

  1. Curiosity killed the cat, or at least made it lose its lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one! : )

    I was at a charity bachelor auction (no nudity, it was a children's charity) and 2 women in front of me were discussing what the yummy local news reporter went for the year before.

    Raising my voice to be heard over the crowd, I said, "$1500."

    Next thing I knew, the M.C. was shouting, "$1500! We have $1500! Anyone want to go $2000?" Well, considering that the bid before mine was $350, no one would.

    I explained the situation to my mom (the charity organizer) and they tried to get the last official bidder to take it, but she refused.

    Of course, I didn't have to pay, I was around 19 years old...but they were pissed for months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at a 99's chain and I went to the bathroom. Usually the mens room is to the right and ladies to the left so I just walked in the right hand room. I noticed there were no urinals but I had to go so I used a stall. After about 10 seconds it dawns on me that I have made a huge mistake and I finish and try to slip out. Of course there is a lady there washing her hands! I go to our table and tell my wife the story and she is laughing. The waitress comes to take our order and IT IS THE GIRL I SAW IN THE LADIES ROOM!! I wanted to shrink to nano scale at that point!

    Anyways,
    K-Lo hang it there! All you need is a luck dragon and you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was playing in a football(soccer) match. It was a 20 minute game. I was playing in goal. We lost 17-1.

    Afterwards, I sat down in the changing room, put my head in my hands...and missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well at least he was only PEEING

    it could have potentially been MUCH worse

    embarrassing story? hmmm. it is difficult to embarrass me. i will have to get back to you on that one.

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...