Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sunday Stealing: The Team Jeffie Meme

Here's the weekly Sunday Stealing event :-) It's very fun to do, even more fun to read ... let me know in the comments if you do it, since I'd love to read it.

Sunday Stealing: The Team Jeffie Meme

TRUE OR FALSE

Q: Kissed someone on your friends list?

Facebook friends? Quite a few of them, actually. Blogger friends? Not that I know of.

Q: Been arrested?

Technically, no. I did spend a night in a jail cell once. It's kind of a long story ...

Q: Held a snake?
Never ... I am petrified of snakes!!!!!!! I was a pretty fearless kid, and I literally passed out once when climbing a mountain with my family after a snake sneakily slithered out in front of me. **SHIVER**

Q: Been suspended from school?
Haha, yup...I'm a reformed rebel ;-)

Q: Sang karaoke?
When I'm drinking, I've been known to do some embarrassing karaoke ... and one of my friends actually videotaped the last venture (on MY phone, no less lol)

Q: Done something you told yourself you wouldn't do?
Oh, all the time ...

Q: Laughed until you started crying?
Frequently...I laugh all the time :-)

Q: Caught a snowflake on your tongue?
Yes, and it's always magical (I know that sounds lame, but it's true)

Q: Kissed in the rain?
Yes, and it's also a pretty magical experience. You feel like you're in a movie or something, at least until you get inside and your hair starts to dry and your feet are cold and ... yeah, kissing in the rain itself is pretty amazing as long as you take the aftermath out.

Q: Sang in the shower?

I sing in the shower all the time, usually show tunes or bad '80s music.

Q: Sat on a roof top?
Yup. In the house I grew up in, my mother's bedroom opened onto the roof of our kitchen's addition. I had some good times on that rooftop ;)

Q: Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on?

Been pushed in, jumped, it's all the same ... I see water and I have the urge to be in it.

Q: Broken a bone?
Yup, broke an ankle and a wrist skiing (on separate occasions).

Q: Shaved your head?

Came pretty close once.

Q: Played a prank on someone?
NEVER. (How does one convey sarcasm through typing?)

Q: Shot a gun?
Nope. I hate guns.

Q: Donated Blood?
I used to, but I'm not able to anymore because I received blood transfusions following complications from a surgery.

LAST PERSON...

1. You hung out with?

My momma. She was telling me about her evening, when she went to some awards ceremony and actually ran into one of my best friends there. I'd received a text from my friend several hours earlier basically saying, "I'm partying with your mom tonight".

2. You texted?
My ex-husband. I try, I really do ...

3. You were in a car with?
Belle. We went to Chuck E. Cheese today, where she had a productive run at skee-ball and I, for some reason, had the magic touch on this updated (and much larger) version of that old game Operation.

4. Went to the movies with?
I think it was Belle, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was that we saw.

5. Person you went to shop with?
My mother, when we went to buy a dress for me to wear to chaperone the prom. I might be the only woman alive who hates shopping. I need to have a specific purpose if I'm going to go into a clothing store.

6. You talked on the phone?
A bud of mine; we had a scintillating conversation about the human condition :-)

7. Made you laugh?

My dog Mollie ... she got up on a chair and started turning around in circles (looking for snakes or something), began the process of laying down, then got back up and started running in circles again. It was really pretty funny.

8. You hugged?

Belle

IN THE LAST 48 HOURS HAVE YOU...

1. Sang?

Of course :-)

2. Listened to music?

Well, if you consider what's on my iPod to be music, yup :-)

3. Danced Crazy?
Nope ... hindered by the bad back. At least that's my excuse ...

4. Cried?
Yup. People were laughing at an old man who fell in a parking lot. I'm clearly an overly sensitive soul, but the whole situation just made me cry.

FIRSTS .....

1.Who was your first prom (or homecoming) date?

Hmm, I don't think I've talked about him here. I'll call him Jamie, and he is Addie's biological father.

2. Who was your first roommate?

My sister ;-) That was pretty short-lived, though ... I think my parents realized that we'd probably rip the house apart if we weren't separated, so they turned the downstairs den into my brother's bedroom and my sister got moved into his old bedroom.

3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time?

Boone's Farm Blue Hawaii, I think. It was definitely something Boone's ;-)

4. What was your first job?
Besides babysitting, working at Water Country, a local water/amusement park.

5. What was your first car?

I drove my mom's Jeep Wrangler a lot of the time, but my very own first car was a Buick Skyhawk (it burst into flames when I'd had it for only two weeks or so) which was quickly replaced by a 1992 Suzuki Swift.

6. When did you go to your first funeral and viewing?
My paternal grandfather's funeral when I was in seventh grade or so. It was pretty traumatic.

7. Who was your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Fortier, and I think I freaked the poor woman out because I'd be reading Stephen King books surreptitiously instead of completing worksheets asking us to color in all of the objects starting with "T" or whatever.

8. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
Florida.

9. When you snuck out of your house for the first time?
Honestly, I never really had to sneak out of my house. After my parents' divorce, my mother was working three jobs and was never home, so we pretty much did what we wanted. After she married my stepdad, the two of them went out a lot and traveled a great deal, and they operated under the assumption that we were "basically good kids", and we were.

Also, my mom and stepdad were really good about letting me go out at all hours to pick up my friends since I did not drink when I was in high school and they knew I was helping out someone who might otherwise try driving home after a night of partying.

10. Who was your first best friend?

Probably my brother. We were very close when we were kids.

11. Who was your first Best Friend in high school?
Since this is an identity-free blog, I'm not going to put their names down. Very cool people, though ;-)

12. Where was your first sleepover?
Probably at my neighbor's house. We were close to the same age and were very close throughout our childhood.

13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
Usually my mother. You know you're single when this is your answer, right? Also, depending on the specifics of the bad day, I'll call certain friends before I'd call my mother.

14. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a Bridesmaid or groomsman?
I was a flower girl in my aunt and uncle's wedding when I was five or so and I was my sister's matron of honor.

15. What is the first thing you did when you got up this morning?
Drank coffee. Or peed. Not sure which came first, and it's entirely possible that I peed while drinking coffee. This is clearly too much information, so I'm moving on ...

16. First time you tied your shoe laces?
I haven't a clue.

17. Are you Facebook friends with your first crush?
Actually, I am. Does he know he was my first crush? I doubt it.

18. Who was the first person you met from the blogosphere?
I don't understand the question. I think what you're asking is if I've ever met somebody in person that I've met through blogging, or maybe who is the first "blogosphere buddy" I've made. The answers are no (well, not yet ;-)), and you don't seriously think I remember, do you?

19. What was the first music album that you bought?

This is a great story. I am a middle child, and my siblings and I are the textbook vision of birth order. My brother (who was perfect) would convince me to do things that were totally his idea (and that he, not me, would totally reap the benefits of), and I'd end up in trouble.

For example, you know the Columbia House mail order music catalog membership thing? Yeah, I became an official member when I was six.

Among my purchases were Eddie Murphy's "Raw" and Accept's "Balls to the Wall". I got in deeeeeeeeeeeeeep trouble for that (my mother was so angry about the amount of the bill that she didn't want to hear my actually very logical argument that Adam was the Eddie Murphy fan and that Adam liked the band Accept and that if I'd bought music for myself, I'd have picked stuff I liked).

20. Who was your first celebrity crush?

Technically, Harrison Ford (I didn't realize at that point in my life that Han Solo was not in fact a real person).

Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!

12 comments:

  1. I have a dog that does that too. I have no idea why.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/06/hi-jeffsite/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart answers.. hehe. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I'm all ears....I wanna hear about the "I did spend a night in a jail cell once. It's kind of a long story ..." LOL Thinking....thinking....LOL OMG I remember Ripple by Boones Farm...something like that. Cheap ass drunk if ya ask me LOL Have a great Sunday and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Harriet: Dogs are strange ;)

    @Shahz: Thanks, you too :-)

    @Thom: The jail cell story is privileged ... sad, because it's a great story lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a funny story about joining Columbia House!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We both lost our first cars to fires? Wow. That may mean something. Not yet on meeting through the blogosphere? If you ever do, make sure they're nice. N-i-c-e...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, I did the Columbia House thing at a stupid early age too, I think I was 7 or 8. I had forgotten all about that! Boy, were my folks surprised!

    I worked at an amusement park during high school, it was so much fun. I still can't believe they paid me to do that. Well, didn't pay much, but man, the memories are priceless.

    And as a lawyer, it can be totally confidential- tell me the night in jail story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boone's seems to be very popular for "new' drinkers - I Spell a commercial brewing....

    What do you mean Han Solo is not a real person?? Next you will be telling me James Bond is also fake...

    Have a Great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scrolling down the responses, it seems your story about Columbia House was a very popular one.

    I'm thrilled to meet a sister survivor of Boone's Farm (Annie Green Springs, too) and wonder if you sing 80s pop and showtunes for karaoke, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I think all of us coffee addicts have peed while holding a mug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, loved your Colombia House story! I wonder how many stories they get from "accidental" orderings by children. I myself got roped into something by the company, BMG, when I was young, and wrote them back in crayon telling them I didn't want the bad selections they kept sending me. Needless to say I never heard from them again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. REFORMED rebel? Does that mean you fell apart and had to be stuck back together?

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...