Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Stealing: The Honesty Meme

Ah, another installment of Sunday Stealing. Join in if you don't ... it's ridiculously fun :-)

Complete the Sentences:


Right now I'm feeling...hot. I hate summer. Grrrrrrrrrrrr :-(

When I'm alone I feel...happy. I get along with myself pretty well.

When I'm surrounded by people I feel...various ways, depending on how many people, where I am, what sort of mood I'm in, and so forth.

One thing I hate is...feet. Like, I suck up the cost of pedicures because I can't even stand touching my own feet. Also on the list--snakes, thunderstorms, and airplanes.

One thing I really like about myself is ...that I'm a nice person. Usually.

When I'm feeling sad I...cry. A lot. And then I feel better :-)

When I daydream it's usually about...uh, so not going there!

I'm afraid of...flying. I know, it's 2011 and I'm 34 years old and need to get over a lifelong fear, but ...

I'm happiest when...I'm with my kids :-)

One thing that really worries me is ...being alone forever.

If I could change one thing about myself it would be...
about thirty pounds.

If I could be with anyone right now I would be with...some anonymous Mr. Wonderful who surely must exist, right? (I'm conspicuously avoiding putting down "Johnny Depp" yet again ... although pointing that out probably negates the effort)

The family member I am closest to is...my sister. I wish she lived closer, though :(

If I was really honest with my father I would tell him...Um, being honest with my father is probably not in the cards at this point.

One thing I regret about my life is ... nothing, really. I mean, I've had some incredible ups and downs, but one thing my life has never been is boring. There's something to be said for that.

If I only had one more day to live I would...stalk Johnny Depp. (Okay, I had to slip him in there)

If I was really honest with my mother I would tell her...that I appreciate everything and that I'm sorry that we hated each other for most of my life.

One thing about me that nobody knows is...that I have three scars that will never heal, as long as I live.

I hope that someday in the future...I will be a published author.

When I think about my family I feel...sad, since everyone is spread to the seven winds.

Something I'm really embarrassed about is...the fact that I drive an old lady car ;)

One thing about me I never want to change is...my sense of humor.

One thing I feel really proud of is... my children--my daughters AND my students :)

Blogsville has helped me to...know a lot of really amazing people that I'd never otherwise have gotten to know. Oh, and also Bud (haha, just kidding, Bud ... you rock : ))

One thing I like about blogsville is...it keeps me thinking, always :-)

4 comments:

  1. You are such a refreshing voice in a cynical world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, thanks :-) It's probably because I chased Ambien with Vodka and actually SLEPT last night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you "have three scars that will never heal, as long as I live." So they'll be gone at your wake? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your comment on Ramblings about getting a job, and I responded over there. Just FYI. No toes stepped on or anything! ;-)

    Good luck in your endeavor to become a published author! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...