Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Stealing: Last Part of "You Can't Be Missed" Meme

Here's this week's installment of Sunday Stealing, the final part of the "You Can't Be Missed" meme.  If you don't do it, you should because it's wicked fun (said in my New Hampshah accent).  If you do, please let me know in the comments so I can check it out :-)

46. Would you ever try to quit one of your addictions, or better said: Bad Habits?
Not at this point in time. I think I need my bad habits to maintain sanity, if that makes any sense. I went to the store once and bought a Coke and a Milky Way bar.
CLERK: Cokes are two for a dollar.
ME: I'm all set, I'm trying to quit caffeine.
CLERK: Candy bars are two for $1.50.
ME: No, thanks, I'm trying to quit candy bars, too.
CLERK: Maybe you should focus on one at a time.

Wise clerk ;-)

47. Could you ever kill yourself to save someone else?
For my children, I would do anything (even "that", Meat Loaf, whatever the heck "that is").

48. Does it matter if break up with someone or have them dump you?
I guess it would depend on how strong the feelings are. Personally, my M.O. has historically been to act like a jerk so I'll get dumped (because I hate breaking up with people ... I can't stand hurting other people). I realize that this isn't particularly healthy ;-)

49. Would you rather have a turtle or a frog for a pet?
A turtle. And I'd teach it to race :-)

50. Would you rather spend a day with Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus?
Um, GAGA! She's admittedly bizarre, but she's a Juilliard-trained musician with the skill to turn herself into a household name. Miley Cyrus? I'd, like, go off the, like, deep end in, like, thirty seconds, dude.

51. Would you rather learn to play piano or guitar?
Piano :-) Although guitar would be neat, also.

52. We're going back to the day. Where did you get your kicks?
Above the waistline, sunshine ;-) (Has anyone else ever even heard that song? I freaking love it!)

53. What Asian country would you like to visit the most? Why?
China ... my sister went there for a business trip (because my sister is a scientist and gets to go to cool places) and said it was really neat. A few months ago, I would have said Japan, but, uh ...

54. Have you ever thought that a passer-by was the one (think James Blunt, here)?
All right, maybe I'm stupid, but I totally don't understand this question.

55. Ever told someone that your fake jewelery was really real?
Nope, because the jewelry I wear IS real.

56. Where are the worst public restrooms?
The Port-a-Potties at fairs. There are a lot of fairs in New Hampshire. A lot of them are really cool. You have to time your latrinal needs well, though, or else you'll be stuck in a cube of stench that is absolutely vomit-worthy.

57. What song was the latest one that got overplayed really fast?
I don't really listen to the radio or get exposed to "overplayed music" these days because I take my iPod everywhere, but I think Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" seems to show up everywhere still, which is kind of annoying.

58. What Friends (American TV show from the 90s) character are you most like?
Definitely not Monica. Somewhere between Rachel and Phoebe. And do you have any idea how old I feel that it was necessary to put the "American TV show from the '90s" disclaimer????)

59. When's the last time you had a Popsicle?
Probably when I had my tonsils out in eighth grade. I'm not a fan of popsicles.

60. What TV show from way back would you love to see reappear?
"Cold Case". I LOVED that show. Not that it's "way back", but I'm not a big fan of TV, so it's about all I've got. Oh, "Unsolved Mysteries" ... that was a pretty cool show.

14 comments:

  1. Some pretty funny answers here - I have to be desperatecrossingmylegsbladderbursting to use a Port-O-Potty. And the clerk's comment was priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our bathroom responses were similar, and inspired by similarly traumatically icky experiences. And I agree with you on Gaga v. Cyrus. (Gaga v. Cyrus, sounds like a special for the World Wrestling Federation, doesn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some wise answers, no doubt that children can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not very fun of Friends, hehehe but my sister is,. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. im not a fan of popsicles either

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was one funny clerk!!
    I also hate it when I have to explain to students what a show/movie/song is. I finally quit mentioning "Cheers" at all. (Sigh..it was a popular tv show in the 80's set in a bar.)
    It is nice to meet you. Thanks so much for stopping by me BFF post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Port-a-Potties!I haven't ever considered that response. They are truly the worst! BTW - I enjoyed the chat...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Li: I know, right? Too bad we all get that desperate sometimes lol.

    @The Gal: Haha, too funny. My best friend in elementary school was really into WWF, and the nanes were the only part that entertained me.

    @Leovi: Children are indeed amazing :-)

    @Shahz: Me neither, but my college roommates were ;)

    @Ed: I'm so glad it isn't just me!

    @Heather: I know "Cheers" ... good stuff :-)

    @Bud: They are grossest!!!! And so did I :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember unsolved mysteries. I don't think I watched it more than twice.

    Have a great weekend!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/05/remember-on-monday-minute-of-silence-at-300-pm/

    ReplyDelete
  10. #47 & 48, we are twinners in that regard. It was always just easier to be a jerk, make the guy be the one to break up with me. Not healthy, but yeah, so much easier.
    And yes, anything for the kidlets. Scary to think how much control they really have over you, isn't it? Nice, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your description of the port-a-potties had me gagging .. I'm pretty sure if I ever come across one I will not be visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, the theme music for Unsolved Mysteries always gave me the creeps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 60. What TV show from way back would you love to see reappear?
    Red Dwarf. So funny it hurts. As well as Enterprise and Firefly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think they put the Friends disclaimer in for people who don't live in the U.S. And if you want to feel young, remember, I'm almost 47. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...