Monday, July 20, 2009

Words from Addie (I Mean, Directly from Addie--she's Guest-Writing)


Addie has discovered my blog. As such, she suggested we co-write a post for today. However, since I'm in the middle of a thrilling part of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, I'm going to read while she writes a post here. Hope y'all enjoy :) Heeeeeeeeeeeeere's Addie.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't like that most of you reading this know more about me then you should. And I don't like this weird name my mother gave me. Addie? Like math? You add? Ie? Ew. My sister gets the better deal. Belle means beautiful. I mean mathy. I HATE math. I didn't even know she wrote on here about us until I read the one about me and my jealousy towards my grandma and Belle. AND SHAME ON YOU to all who took her side. You are horrible people who don't deserve to read this blog. Be gone with you. She is 5 and she gets along with her parents. She doesn't need her all the time. Me on the other hand... Anyways. My head hurts. Migraines? Maybe. This is pointless, unlike the normal entry. But I'm bored and Secret Life of the American Teenager doesn't start for half an hour. Plus this blog needs some spicing up. So my topic here, after all of this rambling, is the generation gap. Do you really believe that my generation, the teens of this period, are worse than your generation? I believe that all are different; we would never do some things your generation would, and you would never have done things we do now. We may be way too tech-savvy, but we know skills most adults will never learn, or will fail miserably at, as my mother has shown. Anyways, give me your input. Am I from a group of people worse than Neanderthals? Or will we save the world in our future? Nice talking to ya.

9 comments:

  1. You are perhaps a bit more worldly, but we are better communicators. Excuse me, communak8rz. Texting haz dun u a gr8t diservis
    :-)
    You're still a great writer, though <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our generation is fine! And I never text like that. It takes me longer to use abbreviations (because I have to think of how to spell in them in the proper abbreviated way). We are the future. We are concerned about the environment, we are innovative, and we are in charge of the world in a few decades whether you oldies like it or not. :-P

    Gotta have faith in my own peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Or will fail miserably at, as my mother has shown."

    NOT NICE, Addie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each generation rebels against the previous generation and patronises the following one, we just do it in different ways.

    A generation will see the faults of their parents and their children, but fail to see their own.

    We are the same, just in different ways.

    p.s. You look just like your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't say your generation is worse at all. Ow, it pains me to say, 'your generation'. I'm not THAT old, am I? *sigh* people like you keep me young!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...feels kind of weird to be considered in a different generation than you. I think I'm younf enough to be in your generation...yes our generation will save the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an award for you. Please come to my blog to claim it.

    Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

    James Oh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Klo, you have a very intelligent child!
    To Addie: There is a simple answer to the question in the last lines of your post, Our generations are not better or worse than the other, we are just DIFFERENT! Ohh, I'm 25 by the way, so Im part of a generation that welcomed technology and saw it take over the world. I'm kind of in the middle, I got to live the simple old times and the new high tech new times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. opps I didn't mean to repeat "new" teehee...

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...