Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Stealing: The Next Installment of the Imaginary Meme


If you don't do Sunday Stealing, you should ... it's fun :-)

121. Have you gone rock climbing? If not, would you?
On man-made rock walls, yes.  Lots of fun, actually.  On real rocks?  No way … I am the world’s biggest klutz, and … well, it just wouldn’t end well.    

122. Do you believe in forever love in a romantic relationship?
I really and truly hope so J

123. As a kid did you ever sneak anyone into your house?
You know, I honestly don’t think I did.  Whether or not I ever snuck out of my house is a completely different question …

124. Do you personally know anyone homeless?
I do, unfortunately.

125. Do you believe in aliens?
I think it would be presumptuous of humankind to assume that we are the only living things in existence when you consider how truly, immeasurably huge the solar system (which is only one of many) is … it’s mind-boggling, if you think about it.

126. Have you ever killed someone?
What kind of a sick and twisted meme is this?

127. What would it take for you to sell your soul to a devil?
It’s hard to predict how you’d act in a given scenario until it comes up.  Not that I’d ever want this one to …

128. Top or bottom?
Oh, I always preferred the top bunk when I was a kid because my sister had a little bedwetting problem, as I found out when she got the top bunk on a vacation to Florida and I woke up to … well, raindrops falling on my head.

129. Are you happy with your career?
I adore every aspect of the teaching part of my career.  Unfortunately, teaching becomes less and less a part of being a teacher every year.  Does that make any sense?

130. What's your favorite store to buy clothes? Why?
I have two children … I haven’t bought clothes for myself since 2004 or so.

131. What is your eye color?
Blue.

132. Watching or playing sports?
Depends on the sport.

133. Would you have plastic surgery?
I doubt it, if only because I have a tendency to be very unlucky when it comes to medical stuff.  “There is a one in 500 chance you’ll have this side effect” … “Nobody ever gets this side effect, but we have to mention it” … um, yeah, guess who always seems to get that side effect?  Me getting elective surgery would just be asking for trouble.

134. Name one website that you visit daily. Why do you read it?
This is really lame, but I stalk The Weather Channel, particularly in the summer.  I am scared to death of thunderstorms (my golden retriever and I fight over the bathtub), so I am always on the lookout for them.  I am like the amateur meteorologist from hell … “We have a severe thunderstorm warning, but according to the Doppler, I think we’re only going to get a piece of it.”

I’m a dork ;-)

135. Are you going on vacation this year? If so, where?
Nope.  Too poor.  Also, not enough time (summer school starts in a week, and then there are conferences and trainings and such, plus I am trying really hard to finish writing my new novel this summer).

136. How do you align yourself politically?
I try not to pigeonhole myself that way, because it is dangerous and honestly kind of ignorant.  I try to keep an open mind (if only so my children don’t feel pressured to have my opinions instead of their own), but I tend to find myself on the left side of things (except for welfarereform … I am further right than Rush Limbaugh on welfare reform).

137. Do you have any pets?
I have two dogs, a black lab named Sonja (she was a rescue dog and is the coolest animal ever … ) and a golden retriever named Mollie (she is a neurotic, spoiled princess … but for some reason, I love her very much in spite of this).


138. Do you believe in soul mates?
“Friends for a reason, friends for a season, and friends for life.”

139. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself?
My ADHD (which encompasses the bad things about me, such as procrastination, impulsivity, disorganization, and so on)

140. How long have you played Sunday Stealing?
Good question … quite awhile, I’m pretty sure J  I was off the grid for a bit, though.

7 comments:

  1. I love your dogs :) Then again I love most dogs. Almost all. I think I can understand what you mean about teaching being a part of teaching. Well, less of a part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs are amazing ... my dogs understand most people better than ... well, most people. They are like combination children/best friends, and all they ask in return is that you throw the ball for them to chase after and bring back to you once in awhile.

      Delete
  2. I love pics of dogs looking up at us while we're on the computer.
    Oh, and this is a sick and twisted meme indeed.

    Have a great rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you, too :-)

      And I never really thought of it that way ...

      Delete
  3. Seems I've been playing this meme forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you ... well, not "hear", but ... oh, never mind :-)

      Delete
  4. Your dogs are sooooo beautiful! As for my answer to 128... I was referring to Oreos. Of course.

    You have a dirty mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...