Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Oh, The Things That You See ...

I try to find humor whenever I can.  Often, that results in sightings (or soundings, I suppose) that I unfortunately forget about sometimes.

Luckily, though, I do manage to capture photographic evidence at times of things in real life that just crack me up.  I figured I'd share some of those pics (and explanations) because ... well, laughter is a valuable commodity.

Enjoy :-)

What about if you're just medium?
I had never seen an extensive array of port-o-potties on a flatbed truck before.  For some reason, it just about killed me ...
 My brother Adam was hiking with my nephew when they came across a crushed empty of a can of beer called a "Natty Daddy".  Needless to say, the name itself had us nearly peeing ourselves.  Adam, being the amazing brother that he is, bought me one (it took quite a bit of searching, though ... and our review is that it tastes like water with a moonshine aftertaste--not that either one of us has ever had moonshine; you could just sort of tell ;-p)
One of my old friends texted me this pic from the San Diego Zoo ... it took me a minute to find what was so funny about it, but we've since decided that the new expression should be "hung like a zebra".
 This is a horrible pic (taken when I was at a stoplight), but there is a red arrow denoting no left turn (which any licensed driver in the U.S. should be able to figure out) ... and apparently that wasn't enough, as there's also a sign saying, "No turn on red arrow".  It made me wonder, are people seriously that stupid that they need a sign to emphasize a common knowledge driving law?
 Henry and I went to a dive bar.  There was a giant hot dog statue.  Enough said ...
 Another one that's hard to see, but we were leaving a restaurant parking lot, and there was a random guy sacked out on a bean bag chair in the woods ("woods" being a relative term, as this is a rather urban area for old New Hampshire).  For some reason, it cracked us up.
 I got an e-mail on my iPhone that read: "CONGRATULATIONS!  Someone may have run a background check on you."  Maybe it's just me, but I don't necessarily see that as something to be congratulated upon ...
 I call this "The Robomney House" as it's a single residence with an equal number of Obama and Romney signs in the yard.  I pulled over to take a picture, but the traffic was heavy so this was the best I could do.  It is sooooooooo funny, though.

Pillow talk?  In the children's section?  Seriously?
 Wisdom (or, uh, something ...) underneath a beer bottle cap.
 I found these disks when I was cleaning out a desk.  Is there ANY purpose for them anymore?
 Belle brought home a coloring page labeled "hens" with a picture of what is clearly a rooster.
 The "hard limits" delineated in Fifty Shades of Grey (reading this series was ... well, a cultural experience for me, I suppose, but I mean, come on ..."
 These t-shirts were sold at the place where I went whitewater rafting in May ... I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry, so I took a picture ;-)
 Ah, Prestone, the stuff that evidently removes bugs AND tar?  Who knew such a phenomenon existed?
 The card companies are going waaaaaaaaaaay downhill, obviously (although, in the name of full disclosure, I was the recipient of this card)
 My students think they're funny ... okay, finding a random human cardboard cutout (wearing a sombrero, no less) sitting at my desk was pretty funny, but ... surreal.
 I'm sorry, but when the receipt says "Open food" and then puts "sweet pot fries" into the category ... well, I was having visions of brownies.  Not THAT kind of vision ...
 This was on a Burger King kid meal box ...
Hope you got a laugh or two ... and a message about the possibilities of finding humor in everyday life if you are willing to look for it :-)

6 comments:

  1. I cry laughing whenever I see a Smart Car...I have no idea why.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved these! Especially the email congratulating you on the possibility of a background check!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope no one was in those portable toilets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did get a nice laugh. I see those hot dog statues all the time really. Even over here. I always crack up, every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The natty daddy made me think of this chap stick I got once in North Carolina... it was called chicken poop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie -

    Pictures are always priceless. They are evidence of true humanism. It is amazing how humans can get to the end of the block without realizing what they have past. As for dogs, they experience every step they take and know who has past this way.

    As for Harry Potter, I have read them all and seen all the movies. Only to be a kid again, but as Jimmy Buffet says, "I am not growing up, I am only getting older." Thanks for stopping by, Jim :)

    PS, I love the smile on your profile picture. It says a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...