Friday, July 13, 2012

The Liebster Award (I Got To Answer Questions :-))

Well, this is exciting :-)  I was given the Liebster Award by Jim, my favorite baby boomer (and the most amusing aspiring nudist I've never met ;-)).  So the deal is that I answer Jim's questions then come up with eleven of my own for those I tag to answer, should they so desire (I hope they do, and if you're not tagged and would like to participate, leave a link in the comments).


1. Paper, plastic, or bring your own bag?
Plastic.  I meant well with the "bring your own bag" venture, but I always forgot them at home, bought more every time I went to the store, and it became a situation where I wound up with ten or fifteen reusable bags.


And plastic bags are very useful ... picking up dog poop, wrapping an ice pack to go in a lunchbox, even serves as luggage in a clutch ;-)

2. Pajamas or sleep nude?
Due to my interesting living situation, I wear pajamas.  Well, pajama bottoms.


3. Hamburger or hot dog?
I have developed a taste for hot dogs with onions on them in recent years.  I never even used to like hot dogs.  However, cheeseburgers are on my top three list of favorite foods (the others being lobster and mashed potatoes, in case you're curious).

Ergo, it would depend on the mood I'm in.


4. Tea or coffee?
Coffee, without a doubt.  I am a bona fide coffee addict.  I walk into my "regular" Dunkin' Donuts and they say, "Large hot, skim milk and four Splenda, right?"

And the Keurig has changed my life forever ;-)


5. Walmart or Target?
Forgive me, oh union family of mine, but I have to go with Wal-Mart.  They just have everything right there, you know?  And they're not pretentious about it ... I feel a lot better shopping somewhere with a nickname of "Wally World" than "Tar-jhay".


6. Disneyland or Six Flags?
I've never been to Disneyland (although I've been to Disney World on numerous occasions).  I loved Disney World, but I also loved Six Flags.  Haven't been to either in awhile, though ... probably have to remedy that one of these days.


7.  Cat or dog?
DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!  My dogs are like my children ... they have personalities and mood swings and strange eccentricities.  Plus, whenever I am crying, they come running to give comfort.  My golden retriever even "hugs".

My boyfriend has cats, and they're pretty good as far as cats go.  However, they basically just walk around the house, lay on the refrigerator, and make the basement smell.  I mean, I like them all right, but I get the sense that they couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone ... including Henry.  He's kind of the hand that feeds them.  He would disagree, I'm sure, but I just think at the end of the day, cats are in life for cats.

Dogs love.


8. Book or a movie?
Book.  Always a book :-)


9. Who do you trust the most, friends or family?
I don't trust anybody.  Friends and family can burn you equally, and I've been hurt far too many times.


10. Soda or water?
Soda.  I do not like water.  I know, that sounds contrary to being human, right?  I have cut way back on soda, though, and tend to go with coffee or juice or Crystal Light.


11. Companionship or love?

Both ... that isn't really an either/or question.  I mean, you have to love someone that you are choosing companionship with, right?

Okay, here are the blogs I'm tagging ... I read a lot of blogs on a regular basis (A LOT), so it was hard to boil it down, but I thought y'all might enjoy checking out this very varied list.
1.   Suitably Amused
2.   Calvin's Canadian Cave of Coolness
3.   What If This Is As Good As It Gets?
4.   An Alleged Author
5.   Salsa Pie
6.   Sitting in a Tree
7.   Shana's Place
8.   From Sand to Glass
9.   The Rambling Person
10. The Maple Syrup Mob
11.  Bubba's Place

And here are my questions :-)

1.  Ocean or lake?
2.  Chocolate or vanilla?
3.  Android or iPhone?
4.  Coke or Pepsi?
5.  Nickelodeon or Disney?
6.  Facebook or Twitter?
7.  Loud or quiet?
8.  Summer or winter?
9.  Car or truck?
10.Marlon Brando or Tom Hanks?
11.McDonald's or Burger King?

3 comments:

  1. Seeing how I'm answering about 80 questions on my blog and I recently did accept a Liebster award, if it's okay I'll have to do this in the comments. Before I do though, cats can love too. But I think that their independence is one of the things that draws me to them in the first place. Dogs love, sure, but they also come across as a bit mindless sometimes. I love both cats and dogs, don't get me wrong (I LOVE LOVE LOVE Labradors and Huskies and Shiba Inus) but I prefer cats overall.

    Anyway, let's get this show on the road.
    1)This is a tough one. I'm going to have to say lake though because there's a chance it'll have an island in the middle. Though seeing how I can't swim I couldn't get there anyway. Plus I really love the beach. I guess lake wins out in the end though.

    2. Chocolate though it sets off my lactose intolerance like nothing else so I rarely get to eat chocolate or chocolate flavoured things. Plus I'm dieting. Though thanks to the nice folks at Weight Watchers I CAN eat some lovely chocolate desserts.

    3. I'm going to have to go with Android even though I've never used one just because I have mixed feelings on Apple. Plus iPhones are overpriced. Like most Apple products. You'd think with all the child labour they could sell their products for cheap.

    4. Pepsi, though I don't drink either.

    5. It depends. But I'm going to have to go with Nick.

    6. Twitter.

    7. Depends. I like things to be quiet, but I hate silence, and of course I love my music loud.

    8. Winter of course.

    9. I actually do prefer trucks. When I finally pass my test I think I want something in a jeep. Where if I crash it it's going o do more damage to the other guy.

    10. Tom Hanks.

    11. McDonald's. Every time. I've been to a Burger King once. Never again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an honor to be mentioned in a blog :) Now my head is going to swell and I will have to update my attire, meaning I may have to wear.......? Hmm, I am stumped, how does a nudist update his attire?

    But, I have to jump in here on your questions. So here I go:

    1. Ocean or lake?
    Lake. I like the calm the lake gives as I float and work on eliminating my tan lines. Shoot, I already blew it getting nude on the first question.
    2. Chocolate or vanilla?
    Vanilla. It is plain and anything goes with vanilla. Besides, it is the number 1 choice.
    3. Android or iPhone?
    Neither. I have not made the mover from my dumb phone. It only makes phone calls and text. Does not even take a picture. If it has a rotary dial, I would be happy.
    4. Coke or Pepsi?
    Diet coke, not a Pepsi fan. But, I now drink Crystal Lite Green Tea or Arizona Green Tea. The only way I drink water.
    5. Nickelodeon or Disney?
    Disney. The old fashion way of me. Not a Mickey Mouse fan but like Disney cartoons.
    6. Facebook or Twitter?
    Neither. I tried them both and not a fan. Twitter limits how much you can say and at times I need more characters to express myself. Facebook, just to much invasive into my private life. Not that I am private about me, just not sitting out there for everyone to know. At least on Blogspot, I doubt my work mates will never find out too much about me.
    7. Loud or quiet?
    Quiet. I can still hear well and not yet ready for everything to be blaring at me.
    8. Summer or winter?
    Summer. The nude beaches are difficult in the winter time. For some reason it just does not look right sunning wearing a stocking cap, gloves and socks.
    9. Car or truck?
    Hmm, tough one, I like SUVs, it is kinda like a car/truck. I guess you can say I like a cruck or a trar.
    10.Marlon Brando or Tom Hanks?
    Tom Hanks. I like all the movies he has been in and think of him as a class act.
    11.McDonald's or Burger King?
    I try to avoid fast foods, prefer good food fast. In Texas my favorite was What-A-Burger. They have some in Alabama and Florida but not in Tennessee. So from your two choices, Burger King.

    Glad to have been able to play with you.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not fond of cats either. Garfield is the cat that even owners have to look at with a knowing smile.

    1. Ocean or lake?
    Lake. The water's contained behind something solid and can't hurt me
    2. Chocolate or vanilla?
    Vanilla...Ice cream anyway. I'm not a great fan of chocolate at the best of times.
    3. Android or iPhone?
    Neither. Both are overrated. Just give me a mobile(cell) that makes phone calls and I'm happy.
    4. Coke or Pepsi?
    Water. I rarely drink anything with CO2 in it.
    5. Nickelodeon or Disney?
    Book. I don't watch TV anymore, though I do own a lot of DVDs.
    6. Facebook or Twitter?
    Facebook. I find twitter too limiting and I can 'see' what people are up to. On the other hand it could be that I'm too old for twitter.
    7. Loud or quiet?
    QUIET!
    8. Summer or winter?
    Summer...if it isn't too hot
    9. Car or truck?
    Car. It's easier to park for one.
    10.Marlon Brando or Tom Hanks?
    Tom Hanks. Fewer hissy fits.
    11.McDonald's or Burger King?
    YEEEEEEUCK!

    Interesting questions as always.

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...