Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Stealing: The 20 Questions of Doom Meme



1. Do you believe in Heaven?
II try to, because the alternative (that people just molder in caskets and become worm food) is not a happy thought.

2. Have you ever come close to dying? 
Yup, several times.  Ruptured appendix, internal bleeding following an ERCP, one bout of acute pancreatitis that left me in a medically-induced coma for almost a month.



Oh, and I almost died today at the horror of having to force my child into a nightmarish situation.  Some people should seriously just be shot ...

3. What jewelery do you wear 24/7? 
Diamond earrings (because otherwise I'd lose them), mother ring


4. Would you ever consider having plastic surgery? Nah ... after all the medical drama I've had to contend with, I'd never get any sort of elective surgery.


5. What do you wear to bed? Pajama pants and a t-shirt.


6. Have you ever done anything illegal? Oh, dear God ...


7. Who was the last person that you touched? 
My little Belle <3


8. Where did you eat last? 
Home.  Hannaford's make these seasoned hamburger patties that are just orgasmic ;-)


9. Besides your own blog, are there any that you routinely read but never comment on? I read so many blogs that it would be impossible to list them all here.  I go through spurts where I have time to comment ... wish it could happen more often.


10. Ever been involved with the police? 
Yup, as both a "criminal" (as one example, I called a cop stupid for telling me I was speeding in a school zone when the sign clearly said "20 when blinking", and besides, it was a Saturday...great lesson in the difference between being right and being smart) and as a victim (as one example, I spent time on the phone with the 911 operator for some time while Pythagorus was on a drunken rampage ... and I was holding Belle at the time ... it was a freaking nightmare)


11. Do you talk in your sleep? 
God, I hope not ;-)


12. Now a celebrity fantasy. Who would you take on a ménage à trois for a dirty weekend? 
I'm not in the mood to think in this direction.  I've had a very bad day :-(


13. Do you feel that you’ve had a truly successful life? 
Yes, absolutely.  I've raised two amazing daughters who anybody would be proud to lay claim to (and in less than ideal circumstances), and I've also been a teacher, mentor, and life coach to a multitude of students.  I'm pretty sure my funeral would be well-attended, and I guess that says a lot.


14. Where do you wish you were? 
I really don't care.  Did I mention that I'm in a foul mood?


15. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Actually, no.


16. Is there any type of dancing that you love to do?
I don't dance.  Well, let me rephrase that ... I can't dance ;-)


17. Last gift you received? 
Belle made me a bunch of stuff for Mother's Day.  I'm allegedly very hard to find gifts for ...


18. Last sport you played? 
Basketball :-)  I'm quite a liability, though, being 5'2" and all.


19. Last place you went on holiday? 
New York City.


20. Current Song? 
I'm not listening to anything right now.  When I'm in a foul mood, I tend to avoid music because I'm one of those people that puts connotations with songs.






6 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to tell you I am so glad you came out from the clutches of death alive! Totally freaky how many times there could've been. Just another reason to thank God you are here (aside from the witty blogs and stories). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a lot of courage to tell so much about yourself. I'd hate to answer virtually all those questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2. Have you ever come close to dying? More times than I care to remember.

    11. Do you talk in your sleep? How would I know?

    13. Do you feel that you’ve had a truly successful life? Ask me after I die.

    15. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? Yes.

    16. Is there any type of dancing that you love to do? Jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 2 is scary, glad you survived!

    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...