Monday, August 1, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge: A Song That Makes Me Fall Asleep

I know a lot of people that fall asleep to music.  I do not fall into this category; rather, music has a tendency to wake me up, to make me think.  Therefore, I'm once again kind of failing at The 30 Day Music Challenge.

That being said, there's a category of music that relaxes me, that reminds me of my childhood, and that's probably the closest I come to meeting this criteria.

My dad is very proud of his Irish heritage (yeah, I know none of you are surprised that I'm Irish ... the quick temper, the beer, the love of all things potatoes, and so on), and Irish folk music was a staple of my childhood soundtrack as a result.

His favorite "band" was The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem, and that passion transferred directly to me.  This song is my favorite from a live concert performed by Liam Clancy and Tommy Makem.

Totally love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...