Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Odd Request--Help a Friend Out :-)

As you may have noticed if you've been a longtime follower, I've been posting a lot regularly.  This is part of my new list of writing goals (also on the list is using Twitter frequently to practice short, quick writing--I have a tendency toward wordiness ;-) ... and if you don't follow me on Twitter, you can right here).

Anyway, I have a tendency to blog in much the way I work on my writing--in fits and spurts.  I am making a concerted effort to post a thought-provoking, interesting, discussion-worthy piece every day.

But sometimes I run out of ideas for awhile.

So my request (or we can call it begging, I suppose) is to make suggestions for posts.  If you go back and read through my blog, you'll get an idea of what I'm about.  Basically, nothing is off limits, as long as it induces thought.

You can (PLEASE :-)) leave suggestions in the comments or e-mail them to kloud1026(at)yahoo(dot)com.

9 comments:

  1. One word: Fox News. Five minutes there and I have a week's worth of stuff to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trip to Target is sure to generate a post or two. Writing about a scary experience too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can compare the socio-economic impact of...

    Yeah, I can't even type that with a straight face.

    Preferences:
    Coke or Pepsi?
    Boxers or Briefs?
    Circumcised or Not?

    Run with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a 'dry' spell last week but there was a lot going on here. How can I give you ideas when I can't think of any for myself?? I hope you'll get lots of workable suggestions:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few sources I go to to spark my mind - the Good Blog, digg.com, USA Today, and any Oprah or Oprah person related web site. Oprah is gold for ideas, even if you don't quite agree with her philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK...

    - Links to your Zelda posts
    - What you're writing and how you're getting on
    - News stories that interest you
    - How wonderful Martin is :)
    - Book reviews
    - Advice on grammar and punctuation....PLEASE!

    I'm sure I can come up with some more given time. A century or two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Post about the unusual things you the writer enjoy besides writing. What rocks your writing wold? What inspires? What gives you a weird storyline while driving? You know - the usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take a trip to a thrift store and look at what's for sale, and the people who are shopping there. Always a story in there somewhere.

    Glad you're writing more. I just need to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. People watching works for me often. I also get inspired by music and some of those crazy videos out there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...