Tuesday, July 19, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge: A Song That Makes Me Sad

Wow, Day 4 already ... "The 30 Day Music Challenge" goes pretty quickly once you start :-) Also, and I know this sounds lame, but it's been a very interesting self-reflection opportunity. Who'da thunk?

But anyway ...

My stepfather, one of the most wonderful human beings ever, died in 2004 from lung cancer. He was the only person who never gave up on me, and I am a teacher (and a halfway decent human being) because of him.

He loved music, and this was one of his favorite songs. I tear up every time I hear it--a sad song that reminds me of how sad I am that I will always have a hole in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...