Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Part I of the Ace Meme, Which Proves My Ineptitude at Math ... And An Offer for Y'All

Yes, I did Part II of the Ace Meme from Sunday Stealing on Monday. Yes, this is Part I. No, I'm not good at math ;). But David Batista of The Bimillennial Man posted Part I of this surprisingly interesting and telling meme, so I figured I'd do the same (the fact that I've already done Part II notwithstanding ;)).

Before I get down to it, though, I want to make an offer. I love memes, but I find that some of the questions are limiting or irrelevant to the poster or whatev. So I am planning on making a meme made up of questions that come from Y'ALL :-) Yup, leave questions in the comments or send an e-mail, and I will answer them in a weekend post. Nothing is off limits (*gulp*), and you'll have my 100% honesty in terms of replies and thoughts.

Anyway, back to The Ace Meme Part I ...

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
I had my appendix out when I was in second grade, a little two-inch slit on my lower right abdomen. Appendectomy scars are interesting because you can see in this fairly common surgery the advances in surgical practices over time. My aunt had her appendix out as a child, and her scar is easily three or four times the size of mine. When I had my gall bladder out in my mid-twenties, it was done laproscopically, and the scars are minuscule and almost impossible to see unless you're looking ... I guess most appendectomies are done that way nowadays.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM
I sleep in the attic of a barn, shared with a seven year old (Addie has a room in the main part of the house, and it looks like my mother is planning on converting the guest room into a bedroom for Belle). There is nothing on my walls. The barn beams are beautiful, though ;)


3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP?
Not that I know of :-)


4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Anything (from rock to Irish folk and everything in between) but country and rap that exists just for shock value and to see how many superfluous swears you can fit into one song. I love rappers like Tupac Shakur and Eminem, for example, because their songs have far deeper meanings underneath the cursing.


5. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN?
7:30 a.m. So was my momma, and Addie was born at 8:30 a.m.


6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
It's far too complicated to explain on a meme ;)


7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
I miss the family members that are no longer here ... and the many and varied traditions that existed because of them which no longer take place.


8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)?
Other than my children, probably my Droid :-)


9. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
5'2". Most of my students are taller than me. In fact, it's kind of a rite of passage to become taller than Ms. Loud.


10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
Kind of. I have some control issues (it's why I'm scared to death of flying), and if I feel trapped, whether by closed walls or by having to trust some random pilot to fly carefully, I get incredibly upset.


11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
No, but I do get bored in the dark. I have quite a bit of trouble with insomnia, and I've spent a lot of nights in the dark trying desperately to fall asleep. I usually end up falling asleep with the light on only because when I put out the light, I wake up. But scared? Nope.


12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
You know, I don't know. Isn't that weird?


13. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR?
Snakes.


14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON PEOPLE YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO?
I'm don't usually judge on hair color, but I do have a thing for dark brown eyes.


15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING?
I'm a girl, I don't propose, I dispose ;) (just kidding ... I really don't have a clue)


16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
Coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I must keep Dunkin' Donuts in business with my coffee addiction.


17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Cheese. I'm rather dull ;)


18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
My mom just made a delicious breakfast casserole (eggs, cheese, a little bit of bacon, croutons, chopped tomatoes, onion, and green pepper), so I'm way too full to think about eating at the moment. I never say no to a lobster roll, though.


19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME?
Red :-) I think it has to do with that Scorpio thing ...


20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH?
That's horrible! Never!


21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED?
My parents got me a gorgeous Seiko watch for my high school graduation. It was the first "grown-up" present I received, and I will always remember it.


22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?
A real life crush? Nope. I do enjoy Ben Affleck and Mark Harmon and Charlie Sheen (I know, it's that "bad boy" thing left over from my flaming youth) and Seth Rogan.


23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
Nope ... I can do a split, though :)


24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
I'm kind of impartial. I went through the whole "material girl" phase, and now I'm just sort of like, eh, whatever.


25. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FEMALE/MALE CELEBRITY?
I love Angelina Jolie. She's very real, is honest about her flaws, is an incredibly gifted actress (seriously, check out Girl, Interrupted), and walks the humanitarian walk instead of just talking the talk or donating money or whatever.


26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
Yup, two.


27. WHAT KIND IS IT?
Dogs, a black lab and a golden retriever. Love them :-)


28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
I'm not sure I believe in falling in love ... but assuming that it is possible, yes, I would. Life experiences aside, I very much want to believe in love.


30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED?
Nineteen. (I'm suppressing the urge to yell, "69, dude", a la Bill and Ted.


31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
Brunettes. There seem to be some many different shades of "brunette". Addie's hair is a beautiful color, somewhere between blonde and brown, and it's got shades of everything in it ... I could never get tired of looking at her hair (Belle's, like, white-blonde almost, but I assume it will darken because her father and I both have very dark hair).


32. FAVORITE QUOTE?
"We are all terminal cases." --John Irving

33. FAVORITE PLACE?
Hampton Beach :-)

10 comments:

  1. Great answers! I meant to say something in your last meme blog entry (part II), but got distracted. :)

    Interesting that we were both born around the same time of day, and that our most meaningful gift was a watch from a parent on a milestone occasion.

    I'm glad you found my blog and that I, in turn, found yours. This is a fun place you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I have a question for your weekend blog entry:

    Is there something most people find funny that you absolutely do not?

    For me, it's people slipping in public. Or maybe it's George Lopez? One of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and my question is what do you find funny that most people do not!
    (Mine is smart cars......can't resist the urge to laugh whenever I see one!)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snakes do much for me either. Your candor is great. Thanks for playing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you share, but I don't do memes myself. That's so last decade. ;->

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm starting this one on Monday, and the next two (hopefully) the following Mondays.

    I was a towhead (white blonde hair) til I was 11-12. Then it became dark(ish) blonde. The sibs (all but 1) have dark brown hair and my mom was once asked if I was adopted. No such luck. ; )

    My question is: if you could go back and do a romantic relationship over, with a different outcome, would you? I hope that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 69!!! LOL! That was the first number I thought of, too. How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome post! Your bad boy quote made me laugh...I still have a little crush on Angel/Booth (David Boreanaz).

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I will be happily following your blog as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when you do these. You're funny.

    My question? What do you hate being asked?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great answers! I have to remember that Irving quote. I'm a Hugh Jackman fan, in case you're curious :) I have a question: What is the funniest thing that you ever did in front on your class? Was it planned or not? Have a terrific weekend. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...