Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday Stealing: The Ace Meme (Part II)

**Note--I started this last night, but I ended up getting sick. I was still sick this morning but, because I'm evidently a masochist, went to work anyway. I came home sick from work today (TMI, but I needed to be in close proximity to a bathroom which isn't feasible in my classroom), so I'm posting it now. I should call it "Monday Mooching" instead of Sunday Stealing ;)
---------------------------------------------
Okay, so this is Part II of III, and no, I didn't do Part I ;) If you're not on the Sunday Stealing bandwagon, give it a shot ... a lot of fun stuff comes out this way : )

34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF YOUR HOME COUNTRY?
Only to those non-home countries that are within driving distance since I'm petrified of flying (I'm flying to Florida in April ... there will no doubt be a great deal of posts about my freaking out about this as the month approaches)

35. WEAKNESSES?
Naivete. Impulsivity. Procrastination. Disorganization. Monthly crankiness ;)

37. FIRST JOB?
Water Country, a nearby water park. Great fun : )

38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
Of course! My brother was the master, and he egged my sister and I on quite a bit ...

39. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOUL MATE?
See this post. Jury's out ... I'd like to think so, but I'm starting to feel like I'm cursed or something.

40. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU DID STEALING?
Talking to people on Facebook. I have a pathetic life sometimes.

41. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY?
Yup, appendectomy, T and A (tonsils and adenoids, you sickos!), and an extensive collection of endoscopy procedures for the dreaded liver/pancreas sitch.

42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
Eyes, smile, personality ;)

43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES?
Yup. Thanks, Mommy :D

44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
Not sure ...

45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT AND WHAT DO YOU WANT THEIR NAMES TO BE? (OR IF YOU HAVE KIDS, TELL US ABOUT THEM.)
I have two daughters, "Addie" (16) and "Belle" (7). They are funny, sweet, smart, and well-behaved. I have no idea how I got so lucky ...

46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yup, a great aunt.

47. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST TURN OFF OF THE SEX(ES) YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO?
No teeth. Oral hygiene is pretty key.

48. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU LIKED ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL?
English class, of course :)

49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
I don't know, this weird-sounding shampoo that Addie learned about from my sister. It comes in a green bottle and smells good.

50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I have bipolar handwriting--the teacher handwriting, which is impeccable, and the everyday handwriting, which is illegible (well, I can read it :-))

51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Roast beef.

52. ANY BAD HABITS?
Many. Too many.

53. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON?
Nope, not as long as everyone is honest and forthcoming.

54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Sure, I'm a good time ;)

55. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS?
Sure. Kind of a win/win, right? Let me refer you back once again to this post.

56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Hygiene matters. Health matters. I'm beyond the, "Man, he looks like Orlando Bloom" thing.

57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
I cry, I write, I get grouchy and impatient.

58. WOULD YOU RATHER GAIN 58 POUNDS OR LOSE 58 POUNDS?
Lose 58 pounds ... although that probably wouldn't look so great, either ...

59. WHAT'S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE?
For the world to be better, in some small way, because I was here.

60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
My brother and I had an extensive collection of Star Wars stuff. Good times :)

61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
Too many :-) And not because I'm cool or anything, just because my phone decided to add the numbers of my Facebook friends without asking me if I wanted it first. So, yeah, if you're my friend on Facebook and I butt-dial you ... sorry ;)

62. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID?
Nah, Barney didn't make the scene until I was too old to appreciate his purple majesty.

63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Neverrrrrrrrrrr :-)

64. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE?
Mashed potatoes.

65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A LOVER?
What is this, eHarmony or something?

66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
Katie (short for Katherine), KLo, K-Loud, Loud, Spencer, K to the Lo. You get some strange names when you teach adolescents for a living ... :-)

67. FAVORITE SUPER POWER?
Being able to fly with just the aid of a cape would be cool.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to fly! The comment on looking for something in a lover was a scream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan(ned) on doing all 3 parts. Of course, my procrastination gene is getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother made sure that I wasn't given the 'family' name. Every first born male Willoughby was called Henry Thomas. Mum said no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose the soulmate concept works for love, I dunno. Maybe we put too much on a love with that?

    Oh, and oral hygene is a MUST ! I won't talk to someone with bad teeth, not seriously anyway.

    Funny stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...