Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pancreatitis

Just posted this on my personal blog. Too tired (and zonked from pain meds) to type something different. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm alive : )

I woke up at three in the morning Friday night/Saturday morning with hard core abdominal pain. I went to the emergency room at eight or nine Saturday morning (I was hoping it would go away), and I was admitted with pancreatitis (my lipase was 1200--normal tops out at 200). I'm still here and still in a fair amount of pain, but it's a lot better than it was. Still can't eat or drink anything (even water), but hopefully that will come soon. Just getting a computer here is making a huge difference in my attitude lol. Will post more later.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch. I'm sorry to hear about it, and I hope you get to feeling better soon. I had a similar weekend, because my wife was in the hospital as well, for a really bad infection. Anyway, thankfully she's out and feeling better, so here's hoping you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! I hope this Monday morning finds you feeling better. If you're off today, enjoy the vacation, hopefully comfortably numb on pain meds and able to enjoy food again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon..that sounds awful.

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...