Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A New Cycle

Today was orientation for incoming students, and tomorrow will start the school year in earnest.

I'm too busy to say too much (and I just way overused the word "to(o)") between the chaos of starting a new year at school and the way-beyond-chaos of my personal life, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking a lot about new beginnings.

A lot.

And it's really interesting how a new school year, students coming in with a positive attitude (at least for the first day) and smiles and fresh notebooks and pencils and brand new clothes and backpacks ... it's just unspeakably beautiful to me.

It makes me think about where these same kiddos will be in June, when the school year comes to a close and the cycle ends for another year.

2 comments:

  1. My mom has been doing the orientation for the past two days. The kids come today too and so it begins again.

    Shape and mold those minds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful and hopeful! Have a wonderful school year!

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...