Monday, May 4, 2009

Me, Myself, and I: Get to Know Yourself Better (or Something :-))

I have been tagged, thank you Novelista Barista

Here are the rules…

1. Respond and rework: answer the following questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag other un-tagged people.

The Questions:

1. What is your current obsession?
My current obsession is blogging. Writing has been a lifelong obsession for me, naturally, but the connections made with other people actually getting something out of your work ... or even just what you have to say ... mind-bloggling, man (see, you knew that one would come out sooner or later ;))

2. Who was the last person you hugged?
My daughter Addie. She's fourteen, so this was a rare treat. I did, of course, have to ruin the moment by refusing to tango with her down the hallway ... sigh :)

3. What’s my favorite dinner? Lobster.

4. What is the worst "classic" book you've ever read?
Ulysses by James Joyce. Is it me, or was that book so far over the typical reader's head that it was orbiting the moon?

5. What are you listening to right now?
Nothing. Everyone in my house is asleep. It's kind of nice, actually : )

6. What is your favorite weather?
Fall is my favorite time of year. I deplore the summer (being sweaty and uncomfortable makes me horrifically grouchy), spring just reminds me that summer's coming, and winter ... well, I like winter,too, actually, although sometimes it's a bit intense here in New England.

7. What is your least favorite season?
Summer, natch. Geez, if I wasn't so long-winded with my answers, I probably wouldn't repeat myself!

8. What’s in your purse?
Wallet, pen, gum, iPod, Blackberry, Belle's engineer hat (don't ask)

9. Say something to the person/s who tagged you (Novelista Barista): Cool blog : )

10. What is your favorite dessert or cool treat?
Apple pie, but only if it's really well-made (my mother's apple pie, for example, is much better than that which you'd get at a grocery store)

11. What did you want to become as a child?
A writer, a lawyer, an actor, anything but a teacher (strange how that works out, isn't it?)

12. What do you miss?
You!

13. What’s your favorite brand of jeans?
Old Navy jeans work for me. I know I'm probably going down in fashion estimation, but for some reason they're comfortable and fit right.

14. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
I'd go on an ocean cruise. I'd spend every minute in or on the ocean if I could.

15. Who do you want to meet in person?
Stephen King.

16. What are your most challenging goals right now?
Oh, man, I wish I hadn't changed an earlier question! Trying to get my life back together ... there, I think that's vague enough.

17. What’s your 5 year plan?
Publishing. Teaching. Raising my children. Going on cool vacations. Reading a lot of great books.

18. Why is today special?
Because one of my students came over to me while I was grading papers this morning (I never grade papers in the morning--I hang out with my students before the day gets going ... this morning, after a night without sleep spent mostly crying, though, I was grading papers) with a crumpled up piece of paper and said, "If I make this shot, Mrs. L, you need to cheer up!" He then walked over to the trash can and dropped the paper in. It made me laugh and truly brightened my mood : )

19. What is my favorite sport to watch?
I like to watch any sporting event my students are involved in. I also LOVE the Red Sox.

20. Describe your perfect day:
Spending the day on the beach with my daughters, reading and writing while they played and occasionally going for a swim in the ocean.

21. What TV show would you want to be a cast member on (reality included)?
Why, "NCIS", of course : )

22. Are you a lover or a fighter?
I'm a lover.

Okay, so it's your turn ... I'm a little fuzzy on the "tagging" concept, so please feel free to do this if you read it (it's actually sort of fun :-)), and comment me the link so I can check it out.

Hope all is well with everybody : ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. I love getting to know people. :) Awesome answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what I'm writing on my blog today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been done...have a read and (hopefully) a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! Woman, you are the FASTEST blogger poster I've ever known. You must post more than oncee a day.. because by the time my server starts working again, I've already missed one post and I'm reading another! LOL! I love this. I'll add it to my facebook. Everyone over there loves these! Thanks! Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey come over to my humble little place and answer the question "I am..." today - or go one step further and enter the contest (see the details at the post) bring your friends with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm... apple pie. I love to make (and eat) apple pie, especially apple crumble pie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martin--It was great : ) Except the "Star Trek" part lol ... you and my husband!

    GiddyMom--It's because I don't sleep lol. Hope you had fun doing this : )

    Jules--I did so ... pretty cool stuff : )

    MD--Sometimes it's hard to make a fairly boring life sound remotely interesting : )

    Donut Girl--I need to call my mom and have her make an apple pie. It's been awhile : ) I've actually never had apple crumble pie, but it sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...