Friday, May 8, 2009

Amusing or Appalling?



So I really had to pee on my way home from work today and, since as soon as I picked Belle up I had to go straight to a baseball game (one of my freshmen starts varsity), I stopped at a gas station to use the restroom beforehand. And buy a pack of Devil Dogs so I could be a "customer".

But anyway ...

The above picture is of a sign hanging on the wall of the ladies' room. I apologize for the crappy imaging, but the Blackberry does have limitations. High-quality pictures is one of them. For your information, though, the sign reads:

"We Go to the Washroom Every 30 Minutes (whether we Need to or Not). We work really hard on our washrooms. And if we've done our job right, there's nothing to show for it. Just really clean washrooms to make you comfortable. If you're not completely satisfied with the results, please talk to our store manager. We want to know about it."

Although you can't necessarily tell from the picture (freaking Crackberry!), the sign has been doctored. For example, the words "hard on" were circled, "hand" was scratched in before "job", and so on.

I could not stop laughing to save my life. I mean, by the time I got to the part about talking to the store manager if you're not completely satisfied with the results, I had tears rolling down my cheeks I was laughing so hard.

And so I took a picture of a sign in a public restroom (sorry, "washroom" is evidently the correct term), which is clearly pretty disgusting on its own.

But was I wrong to find this so hysterically funny? Do I have major maturity issues? Have I spent too much time with ninth graders? There is, of course, the teacher part of me that was angry at defacement of property (although this can be randomly funny as well--one of the bathroom stalls at my work has "SCOOL SUCKS (sic)" scratched into it), but the rest of me was just ... dying I was so amused.

So am I weird, or is this funny? Or a little bit of both : )

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Nothing weird about that!

    Although, the way the story started, I was a little concerned where you were going with it.

    'Oh no, what dark bathroom secret is she going to spill?!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have laughed. I have no problem with that. It's not like you doctored it yourself. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it would depend on my mood! 90% of the time, I'd say funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hilariously weird, LOL! I'm still chuckling. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the sign without the add-ons was weird to begin with -- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also believe it really depends on the mood you're in. Right now I cannot see it as so funny, but I can imagine a more tiring time of the day when I would register it as hilarious. Comedy needs its timing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Part of me is disgusted...the rest of me is on the floor holding my stomach with laughter.

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...