Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blogroll Appreciation ... and Question

First, I want to express how humbled and appreciative I am to actually be on the blogrolls of a fair number of you. I've become very passionate about this blog, and I've really enjoyed getting to hear viewpoints and connect with a variety of different people.

Okay, now here's my question for you. Addie is my computer guru (although Pythagorus does a lot with computers at work, he is fairly clueless about all things social and blog-esque), and she's not going to be home from Florida until Tuesday. Is there any easy way to organize my blogroll into sections (such as differentiating my writing colleagues, my teaching colleagues, et cetera)?

Also, and not that I think my blog is all that and a bag of chips, but please let me know if you want to be added to my blogroll. I'm very fortunate to be interacting with the vast array of people that I am, and I would love to share whatever I can with you all : ) If I'm being presumptuous, just tell me to shut up. Actually, tell me to please be quiet, as I'm constantly telling my students.

The human condition is a beautiful thing. Thanks in advance for your help :)

13 comments:

  1. Possibly have two separate blogrolls. One for writing with all the writerly blogs in it, and another for teaching with all the teacherly blogs in it, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about the beauty of the human condition.

    I came here from Jinksy's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it easiest to have several blog rolls (just look at my sidebar on my blog!) I separate by writers, publishers, friends, editors, and daily reads. I also limit the number of blogs showing at a time (mostly just five) so that it's easier to scroll through. The most recently updated blog always shows on top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not paying attention to your query. I deleted my previous comment because I was not paying attention to your query...so my answer was, of course, off. I do apologize and I hope you don't remove me from your blog roll list ;-)

    I don't have a blog roll. I am a minimalist. How do I manage? I don't know. I just do :-)
    Okay, it was nice to meet you, Klo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi KLo,

    I just started my blog so am still trying to figure out what works best. But I have three blog rolls. One for writing friends that blog (and I'd like to add you if that's okay). One for Agents that blog and one for writer resources. I think categorizing your blogrolls will help anyone who visits.

    Oh, and I'd love to be on your blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, no one is telling you HOW to do a blogroll, even the ones who have them! And I was hoping someone would, because I, like you, do not know.

    I'd love to be added to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura's right. We didn't say how.

    In blogger: Go to customize. Layout. Add a Gadget. Add the Blog List or Link List. Then click the Add to List button. You can add using the URL, your following list or Google Reader. Change the Title to match your list category.

    Then you add another Gadget for every other category of blogroll you want.

    Did that help, Laura?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Joyce for clarifying for KLo. :D

    I have two blogrolls, and I'd love to be added to yours, thank you. That is, if I really do make you go Hmmm.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm proud to be on your blog roll, and you're certainly on my Rockin' Blogs list. Ditto with Following -- thanks for being a Gumbo Writer's Goober too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My philosophy currently is to follow people who follow me. Maybe that answers your question; maybe it doesn't. They call me Random Bowman for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  12. seems like your questions are answered. I would be honored to be on your blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, all : ) What a fantastic group of people ... helpful, smart, and loads of other good stuff : ) : ) : )

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...