Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Team Jolie or Team Aniston?

Sadly, one of the questions for the ages has become whether you support Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie in their media-stoked "catfight" over who has bragging rights over Brad Pitt.

I have an opinion on this, of course. I wouldn't be me if I didn't, right : ) ? More importantly, though, is why this question (and the either/or mentality created around this drama) continues to be a hot topic. It's slowed down some, to be fair. Even in New Hampshire, though, I saw a few "Team Jolie" and "Team Aniston" t-shirts and, yes, even buttons.

I guess now's as a good a time as any to confess to one of my less noble past times--I have a major obsession with celebrity gossip. I read the magazines, I follow every gossip blog (here's the best one, if you're interested), and I spend far more time than is probably normal agonizing over how many years before Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes break up (considering his track record with Mimi Rogers and the infinitely better off now Nicole Kidman) and why Miley Cyrus' father allows her to pull all the nonsense she does.

But I think the Jolie/Aniston issue, a fairly long-lasting "feud" for one that hasn't really been directly addressed by either party, is perhaps the most interesting to talk about here.

Oh, and why does Brad Pitt seem to get off scot free?

2 comments:

  1. Team Jolie! Only because I think Jennifer Aniston's just a little... Well... Nuts.

    No, but really. It's definitely some kind of odd vortex that is all-consuming and the three of them (Jolie, Pitt and Aniston, alike) will never entirely break the vicious cycle that they started what, eight years ago or something ridiculous? But, unfortunately, Jen will always be tagged as the poor, sad girl that just can't seem to move on, no matter how she tries.

    That's GOT to suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on Team Jolie as well, mainly because I enjoy interesting people. Jennifer Aniston strikes me as ... dull.

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...