Monday, March 9, 2009

Missing You

Sometimes I miss you so much I want to cry. I know that sounds weird and potentially creepy, but it's not meant that way at all. It's meant in a pure, happy, beauty-of-the-snow-on-the-tree-limbs way.

Stephen King (of course, he had to come into this) wrote, "Friends come in and out of your life like busboys in a restaurant, did you ever notice that?"

Sometimes I think it's absolutely true. Other times (less frequently) I think there are a lot of factors that lead to it, yeah, usually being true. Today, I hope it's a load of shit.

What makes someone a friend? Is a similar life necessary? Similar interests and hobbies?

Or is it all about Ka. Oh, I only wish I knew ...

6 comments:

  1. Well, I for one, must agree with Mr. King. Not only is he (imho) the greatest writer of our age, he, well... Just makes sense in pretty much everything he says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think it's not even people; rather, we miss stages of life (which do shift around like busboys)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think friends can be defined by any terms! Sometimes we need friends to complete us, sometimes we need friends to contradict us. Some people's purpose in our lives is for a temporary period of time, but that doesn't make them any less special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fact there are so many words of wisdom flying around! Saumya-that's prolific! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's an old saying, "You have friends for a reason, friends for a season, or friends for life."

    I wish it was easier to tell who was going to be which type of friend (sorry about the poor grammar there :0)).

    Or is that saying totally wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm...in my own opinion,I'd say it's not completely accurate, as you can have reasonal(lol,new word) lifelong friends, seasonal reasonal friends, seasonal lifelong friends AS well AS the sayings original context.OKKKKK me thinks me just contradicted myself...so in summary yep the saying works...it's just needs to be longer??!
    It would be alot easier and safer if everyone were labeled , good friend,user,muppet,etc. but then we'd probably miss a lot of 'dark times'& miss some borderline cases!and who chooses the labels??so many questions... : )

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...