Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Button

I am embarrassed to mention this, but if you look to the right of this page, you'll see a "Donate" button. I have no expectation that this will work, but given my situation (on medical leave through the end of the school year, a medical leave that has both physical components as I deal with recovering from the past so I can look toward the future and a diagnosis of Primary Biliary Cirrhosis), I figured that if any multi-millionaires read this blog and can spare a dime I had to at least ask.

Please know that asking in and of itself is humiliating. Because I am "employed", (I'm a teacher, so I'll be going back to work in late August), I'm not eligible for any sort of short-term benefits.

I'll probably be up to working third shift at the 7-11 down the road in a month or so, but things are beyond ugly financially right now, and I'd rather write than ask, "Do you want fries with that?"

I hope you don't find this tacky, and know that I cannot wait until August, when I can take the "Donate" button down and go back to my lovely middle class life.

Thank you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...