Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday Stealing: Random Twenty

I've missed Sunday Stealing :-)  It's a lot of fun to know that there's a weekly random meme in your future, so feel free to join in.  You answer the questions for yourself, then you link your post so others can see.  Great way to connect with people, and quite entertaining.





1. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach? 
Thursday.  I got some pretty frightening news from the doctor.
2. What was your last alcoholic beverage? 
I had a couple of Leinenkugel's Summer Shandys (Shandies?  What the hell is the plural of a Shandy) last week.  Based on the aforementioned frightening news from the doctor, I suspect that will be the last time I'll sip a shandy.
3. Who can you trust?
Truthfully, I don't trust anybody.  My sister comes closest.
4. Where was your first kiss with your current significant other? 
The parking lot at The Holy Grail, this fantastic restaurant that used to be a church.  You sit in converted pews and throw back Guinness.  It's pretty epic.
5. Favorite Band?
Simon and Garfunkel.
6. What is something you've learned about yourself recently? 
I've learned that a lot of people care about me.  That's a pretty cool realization to have :-)
7. Do you like anyone?
Do I LIKE anyone?  I like a lot of people.  In terms of the middle school vernacular  of "liking someone", I like Jeff.  And Ben Affleck.
8. Do you know anyone who is engaged? 
Yup, several people.  
9. What's your favorite number?

8. No clue why, I just like it.
10. Who was the last person to make you cry?
Myself (to wit, my liver)
11. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? 
I went to day camp, which was Camp Sun and Fun in the city I grew up in.  I actually have some really great memories.  
12. When was the last time you cried? 
Yesterday.  I really hate my liver.


13. What is one thing you miss about your past? 
I miss my stepdad terribly, and my grandfather as well.  I guess I miss the innocence I used to have.  Until fairly recently, I thought that people in general cared about others and would try to help if they could.  I've discovered, to my distress, that just because I feel this way doesn't mean it's common.  
14. What is one thing you've learned about life? 
If you don't have a sense of humor, you might as well just throw in the towel.
15. Are you jealous of anyone? 
Not really.  I'm jealous of the situations a lot of people are in, but not any one person.
16. Is anyone jealous of you?
If they are, they should go to the ER as soon as possible to be evaluated.  
17. Has a friend ever used you?
I'm sure.

18. Has anyone recently told you that they like you more than as a friend?
Believe it or not, yes.  Someone I know through my husband, no less ...  I have an odd life.
19. Who was the last person you drove with? 
Ari and The Gabs.
20. What are you looking forward to?
I'm looking forward to seeing my dad later today, I'm looking forward to eating a Milky Way candy bar at some point today, I'm looking forward to Ari coming home (she slept at a friend's house last night), I'm looking forward to Dunkin' Donuts having pumpkin coffee again ... hmmm, guess that's about it for now.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you got some bad health related news, but hopefully knowing can lead to healing. Hang in there, and enjoy that Milky Way bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My local Dunkin' got pumpkin coffee K-cups and I snapped them up for the machine at work. Nothing nicer than sipping that stuff at school.

    Sorry you had scary health news, I hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I picked the day to stop in. I want you to know that I'll send some good thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your health scare. :( I guess the good part of that is what you said in #6, that you can see how many people care about you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed out loud to number 16 - and your number 14 is spot on!

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...