Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Haiku Facebook Challenge

I was thinking last night (uh-oh, right?), and it occurred to me how I have things I want to say to so many people, if only because I wanted them to know I'm thinking about them.  
Further thinking made me curious to see how many people are on FB from different places.  If you are on FB, please consider writing a haiki about a person of your choice then add your location (city, state, province, country, whatev).  I really want to see how far it is possible to make this happen.  
Don't forget the hashtag  #haikuchallengefromklo
Please share  Should be available to everyone now 
Please share this with your friends. Let's see how far it'll get! Directions are below (be sure to tag and #haikuchallengefromklo.

HAIKU CHALLENGE FROM KLO!!!!!!!!!
Haikus are three-lined non-rhyming poems that have 5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the second, and 5 in the third and final line.

What do you do?

1. Choose one of your friends.
2. Write a haiku about him or her and post it on your wall
3. Tag him or her in it and write your location
4. Hashtag it #haikuchallengefromklo so we can see how far geographically we can take this.
5. If you "like" the status of the poet of a given haiku (or of these directions), you must then write a haiku about them. Let's flood Facebook with haikus!

Example (about my dog):
HOWARD HOWE
Mostly brown but white
in spots, he proves that sheer joy
Is a lovely thing.
#haikuchallengefromklo
Manchester, NH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...