Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"Jeopardy" and my Mother

When my ex-husband's insane abusive alcoholic tendencies destroyed any semblance of financial security, my daughters and I were forced to move in with my mother. She was generous enough to take us in and give 100% of her time and energy to making our transition back to life as easy as possible for all of us.

She will never know how much I appreciate it, how grateful I am, and how much I love and admire her.

As our time with her is quickly drawing to a close and we're getting ready to move to our new home (and, you know, that getting married thing), I find that I'm cherishing every second with my mother.

We watch "Jeopardy" together every night. I find myself tearing up at the very theme music; the slightest glimpse of Alex Trebek chokes me up.

We've added "Wheel of Fortune" to our evening TV date tonight.

I'm writing this so I don't cry...