Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Stealing: The Madness Meme (Part I)


Sunday Stealing is good fun :-)  If you don't participate, give it a try!

1.Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work?
No.  Yes.  Kind of.  Well, to be completely honest, I’ve spit on a Kleenex and tried to clean it up that way.  The crazy thing is, it often works ...

2. What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated?
Officially “dated”, six years (and, yes, that would be Henry … he’s very wise J).  In terms of more casual kind of things, twenty-five years … in the older direction, of course.

3. Ever been in a car wreck?
Once … I fell asleep while driving to Andy’s condo at three in the morning, took out a “sharp curve ahead” sign, and drove into a ditch.

4. Were you popular in high school?
Popularity is a relative thing.

5. Have you ever been on a blind date?
Yup … And that’s all I have to say about that.

6. Are looks important?
Nah, hygiene is important.  I’ve been through the “you have to be hot to have a chance with me” phase, and it’s stupid.

I've learned that, if a person has a beautiful heart (and did I mention good hygiene ;-)?), they are beautiful on the outside, too.

7. Do you have any friends that you’ve known for 10 years or more?
Of course.  Bless their hearts … J

8. By what age would you like to be married?
I’d like to be married by the time I’m 40.  No pressure or anything, Henry ;-)

9. Does the number of people a person’s slept with affect your view of them?
Funny story, I was having this very conversation this morning. 

My bottom line is no because, once you get to the right place with the right person, you can look back and be glad for the experience and for learning what exactly it is that floats your boat.

If it gets to the point where you can’t keep track of the number, that might be a different story ….

10. Have you ever made a mistake?
I make mistakes at least once every hour.  It’s how we learn and grow J

11. Are you a good tipper?
I’m an excellent tipper.  If you’re aware of the horrible wages given to waitstaff because of the assumption that the real money is in tips, you would be, too.

That being said, I’m also very good at making my point on the rare occasions I encounter a truly sub-par waiter or waitress …  I’m convinced that pennies were created for the sole purpose of tipping badly …

12. What’s the most you have spent for a haircut?
I spent just under $200 for a haircut once … it had been eons since I’d had one, I don’t do change well, so the poor stylist had to put up with my angst.  I don’t begrudge it.

13. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
Ew, no!

14. Have you ever peed in public?
Haha, I was ALSO telling this story recently.

I was at the parking lot of Six Flags in Montreal.  I really had to pee.  REALLY had to pee.  The park wasn’t open yet, the line was already ridiculously long, and … well, I really had to pee.

I told Pythagorus I was going to pee in the parking lot if we didn’t go find a gas station or something.  I don’t think he believed me.

He should have.

15. What song do you want played at your funeral?
Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah”

16. Would you tell your parents if you were gay?
“Mom, Dad, I’m gay.”

17. What would your last meal be before getting executed?
A cheeseburger.

18. Beatles or Stones?
Stones.

19. If you had to pick one person on earth to die, who would it be?
God judges, not me.  I'm pretty sure I know some people on the "karma's coming for you" list, though ...

20. Beer, wine or hard liquor?
Anything but wine…sounds clichéd, but the alcoholics in my life are winos, so the very smell of wine makes me nauseous.

21. Do you have any phobias?
I cannot get on an airplane. 

22. What are your plans for the future?
Happiness, good health, and … well, getting the novelpublished and embarking on a great writing career.

4 comments:

  1. Haircut looks cute - my darling wife's is similar. It's just easier to take care of shorter hair, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tip generously but one waitress was so bad, when we went out for breakfast, that we tipped her 1 penny...and put it on a plate that was full of syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stones? Wow, bummer. Really, who knew? I so happy to read about Henry. You deserve to be crazy happy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 13. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher? What about Henry?

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...