Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Stealing: The Fifteen Movie Questions Meme

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand ... it's time for Sunday Stealing again :-) This week's fare is about movies ... should be fun!

1. Movie you love with a passion.
I think it has to be The Godfather. That movie has everything in it--action, drama, romance, suspense, mystery ("It was Barzini all along ..."). That is, in my humble opinion, a gold standard movie.

2. Movie you vow to never watch.
Twilight, or any of its asinine sequels. Reading the books was quite enough ;-)

3. Movie that literally left you speechless.
Wayne's World. It was so bad that I literally walked out of the movie theater ... and rendered me speechless, which is kind of hard to do. I have a really juvenile sense of humor, and it seemed like a give that I'd like it, but it was stupid that I just couldn't handle it.

4. Movie you always recommend.

Okay, I always recommend this movie because it epitomizes pure '80s cheesiness but isn't necessarily what I refer to as "The '80s Canon" (Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and so on). It falls into the "so bad it's good" category with its Velveeta goodness ... yup, for anyone that's known me for awhile (especially in my childhood), let's get your hands up for The Legend of Billie Jean. Fair is fair!

5. Actor/actress you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie.

It should go without saying that it's Johnny Depp. And any other certain bloggers that think that they own the Depp patent ... I'll fight you for him ;-)

6. Actor/actress you don’t get the appeal for.

Tom Cruise (and I was saying that before he was bouncing on couches and partaking in odd religious circumstances).

7. Actor/actress, living or dead, you’d love to meet.

Sean Penn. Definitely a bit out there, but a fascinating guy.

8. Sexiest actor/actress you’ve seen. (Picture required!)

I'm backing off the Depp thing here (I hate being predictable), so here's a pic of Rob Lowe from The Outsiders. I would so hit that!



9. Dream cast.
Gosh, I don't know ... there are so many variables involved ...


10. Favorite actor pairing.
DeNiro and Pacino.  Obvs.

11. Favorite movie setting.
I'm going with Harry Potter here.  The books created the magical mysteries of Hogwarts, but the movies brought it to life.  Those shifting staircases, the castle, the Quidditch field ... very cool :-)

12. Favorite decade for movies.
There was no decade quite like the '80s :-)

13. Chick flick or action movie?
It depends.  Some action movies (Gone in 60 Seconds jumps to mind) are just so stupid that you walk out feeling like you wasted two hours of your life.  Same with chick flicks.  There are a lot of good ones in both categories, though, so I sort of judge on a case-by-case basis.


14. Hero, villain or anti-hero?
I tend to be a little complex ... I always loved Severus Snape even before he was ... well, you know, the hero.  And I adored Marlon Brando (and Robert DeNiro, too, now that I think about it) as Vito Corleone, even when he was causing death and pain and dismembered horses and such.  I don't like my heroes to be too heroic, if that makes any sense ...

15. Black and white or color?
There is nothing quite like the moment that Dorothy steps out of her Kansas house from her black and white midwest world into the glorious colors of Oz.  

7 comments:

  1. I think I shall have to do this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen to not watching TWILIGHT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved those 80s movies! Is Rob Lowe a minor there? You're bad... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, blog twinner, I picked Hogwarts too. The whole Harry Potter thing just works, doesn't it? :)

    Great choice on Sodapop! and funny on not being predictable, I was too busy to think outside the box. But hell to the yeah, I remember being... I think I was 13 or 14 and had already read to book to the binding when the movie was coming out, and was living in Puerto Rico, where we knew we wouldn't get to see it until way way way after it had been shown in the States, and it SUCKED reading all the Tiger Beat interviews with the girls who won all the contests and got to have a "date" with Ralph Macchio or Patrick Swayze or god forbid, Rob Lowe, and oh my god, I had those posters all over my room!!! Yeah, those were the days....

    Ok, back to online driving school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking about The Outsiders the other day.

    Have a great rest of your weekend!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/07/sunday-stealing-2/

    Join us for Monday Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I loved The Legend of Billie Jean! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you on Johnny Depp. Can you say "YUM!" Also on Tom Cruise. Can you say "Ick with a capital ewwwwwwwwww!"

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...