Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Stealing: The Seriously Random Question Meme Part III (The Final Edition)

With all the life drama of the past week (the last week of school, writing and grading final essays, a lot of adult drama at work that people are way too old for, Pythagorus falling off the wagon and having to pick him up at the hospital and drive him two hours home only to find I couldn't get him out of the car, re-pinching the nerve in my back when trying to lift Pythagorus out of the car ... well, you get the idea), I just haven't been up to blogging. I cannot, of course, miss a Sunday Stealing ;-)

Sunday Stealing: The Seriously Random Question Meme, Part 3 (The Final Edition)


41. Who was the last person you went shopping with?

I went book shopping with my seven-year-old yesterday. I hate shopping in general, but I could live at a bookstore, and I seem to have passed on the gene to my little one. Belle actually wrote a book last week, too. I'm very excited about these recent developments ;-)

42. What is something you need to go shopping for?
Clothes. I don't have a lot of clothes. My kids? They're decked out in the best, but I never buy clothes for myself. It's starting to catch up with me, though ... there's a lot of fraying and even some holes, and the fact that I've put on weight the last few months because of the pinched nerve thing and just falling into a lazy, gymless rut hasn't helped.

43. Do you have the same first name as one of your relatives?

I was named after a great aunt. However, my mom spelled it wrong (she was a "Katharine" and I'm a "Katherine"). I also recently found out that one of my friends from high school named her dog Katy Mae after me (my maiden name was Katie May), so I'm wondering if that counts ...

44. What kind of car do (did) your parents drive?

My mom drives a Ford Escape and my dad drives a Nissan something. My stepdad always had company cars, and they were your standard four-door sedans. My mom's most memorable car was a bright red Jeep Wrangler (which she had when I turned sixteen, so you can probably see where this is going ;-)), and my dad's most memorable car was ...

Okay, story time. My dad is one of the cheapest people I know, and between the time he divorced my mother and married my stepmother, he had no one to impress. His car had died and he was borrowing my grandmother's, and he found this ugly brown Bondo-infested Chevy Citation on the side of the road for $500.

He bought it, and it was still running well three years later when he traded it in for a slightly more "lawyerly" car.

45. Are you rich?
I live in the attic of a barn at my mother's house. I teach in one of the lowest-paying districts in the state. In other words ... NO ;-)

46. If you could spend one intimate night with a celebrity, no questions asked, never to see them again, who would it be?
Johnny Depp, of course. He's interesting, which is good, and hot, which is better.

48. What famous person do you look like? Feel free to use this facial match program by clicking here. Show us at least the celeb photo.

Keira Knightley, evidently ... maybe there's something to this Johnny Depp thing after all ;-)



49. What is the most daring thing you've done recently?

Well, this is hard to answer without getting into details that I can't, but I'll do the best I can.

So, recently, my work has turned into a scene from the movie Mean Girls. And I'm talking about the adults. It's just horrible.

And it takes a lot of courage to stay out of the fray. I haven't always been able to do it, and I've gotten bogged down in the mires quite a bit this spring, but I've really started to stand up to the gossiping, backstabbing minority that have infiltrated what was once a wonderful place to work by not getting involved.

I think that's daring. (I also think driving a drunk man that has physically abused me the two hours home and then literally lifting him out of the car knowing that I had to go home and write an exam to be given at eight the next morning was pretty daring, but, as my mother pointed out when she was freaking out on me about it after I got home, it was also pretty stupid).

50. Say you were given a pregnancy test right now. Would you pass or fail?

Oh, I would definitely, unequivocally pass. How embarrassing to admit on Blogger that there is 100% no way you could be pregnant ;-)

51. Which sex scandal of the last decade bothers you the most?
Probably the whole Anthony Weiner thing. I mean, if your last name is Weiner, you should automatically be holding yourself to a higher standard. I think the lying bothered me the most ... I mean, if you're literally caught with your pants down (after posting pics of yourself with your pants down), have the cojones to admit it.

52. Do you know anyone in jail/prison?

Personally? Not that I know of.

53. What are your plans (or what have you done) for this weekend?

Well, I spent yesterday with Belle since Addie had gone to an amusement park with a bunch of her friends. We went mini-golfing and out to dinner and on several other random adventures.

I fell asleep reading a book at a ridiculously early hour last night.

This morning, I've been drinking coffee, writing a piece for Zelda Lily, and now here on my lovely personal blog.

Today, I am resting my stupid back and packing with my mother and Belle for our trip to New York City. We're leaving tomorrow to meet with an agent that wants to represent Belle in the modeling/acting world. I'm still not sure how we fell into this whole thing, but here we are.

54. Have you ever woken up and not known where you were?
Haha, yup. I loved college ;-)

55. What were you doing at midnight last night??
Sleeping :-) I've gotten very boring in my old age.

56. Last restaurant you went to?

Pizza Hut. I let Belle choose where we went to dinner last night ... her original choice was McDonald's, so I figure Pizza Hut was some sort of progress, right?

57. How many hours did you sleep for last night?
Over ten, actually, which has to be some kind of record for me.

58. Which is more distracting: Sexting while driving or sex while driving?
Definitely sexting. You're trying to juggle your phone, your thoughts, reading someone else's thoughts, and the road. Sex, it's just you, someone else, and the road ... thinking tends to be taken out of it. Either one is pretty distracting, though ...

59. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?

Probably ... I actually have a stalker. He texts me relentlessly (I haven't blocked him yet because it's kind of entertaining) with abysmal grammar, which is one of the biggest turn-offs for me. "i miss u" and "wd u snd pix" and so on. It should probably bother me more, but I just feel bad for the guy ... we went to high school together, and he's ... well, texting someone who responds back "I'M BUSY" every 40 texts or so is probably the highlight of his week. Sad :-(

60. Have you ever changed your clothes while in a vehicle?
Haha, all the time. I used to have getting my work uniform on while driving mastered, actually, when I was heading to work from my parents' house, and that was when I drove a standard.

60 1/2. If you haven't "liked" us (WTIT) on Facebook and would like to, click here.
I left this because Bud at WTIT is a very cool person, and you should all like his Facebook page. You should also, by the way, like mine ;-)

Have a great Sunday, everyone :-)!

5 comments:

  1. There are times you say you're dull, but this, and other memes, prove that you're not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of Katherine's in my husband's family too.

    Enjoy the rest of your day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/06/could-it-be-2011/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh-uh, a stalker. Yikes.

    http://carabossesbedchamber.blogspot.com/2011/06/sunday-stealing_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, MY Johnny Depp!! :p

    And sorry about your back, mine is crummy (still). So sick of it!

    We are totally blog-twins, except you write well.

    Isn't it disturbing when grown women revert to teenagers? Sadly, I see it happen far more often than it really should. In fact, I know far too many grown women who never really grew out of their teenage bitchiness. It just seems exhausting to me.

    I love that you have a stalker! Ok, I guess it might be a little scary, but it's kind of cute, poor grammar and all.

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...