Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Quilt

My mother is spending the weekend with friends up north, and she is bringing the aforementioned quilt to show it off. It's not quite done, but I thought I'd share a the picture I took this morning.

My mom is amazingly talented in this area (the needlepoint of the fisherman above the mantle was done by her), so I figured I'd show off on her behalf :-)


Also, I neglected to mention that this quilt is for Addie, a "labor of love" that will remind Addie of Mimi's care always.

Why does that matter? Well, beyond the obvious, it gives a context for why I felt simultaneous pleasure and a knot in my stomach when Belle asked her grandmother if she'd make a quilt for her when Addie's is finished ... and my mom said yes ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Grandmothers are good like that. My mum takes up their trousers and spoils them when they go round. But as they are boys, they're not really into any of the sewed stuff she could.

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...