Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Writing Goals ... and the New Blog about "The Dark Tower"

Since you've all more than likely noticed my obsession with Stephen King's The Dark Tower and its impact on my philosophy, I've become motivated to start a new blog devoted exclusively to King's work of genius.

On a different note, I have become very much motivated by my online writing peeps to set writing goals for myself. I go on writing jags that are very much like alcoholic benders, and I'm trying to figure out how to pace myself, how to better control my writing, how to increase my writing stamina. I have found that blogging has permitted me to do all of those things.

Therefore, my writing goal is threefold:
1. To post daily on "The Philosophy of KLo" (and continue to enjoy and participate in the amazing discussions my fabulous readers have)
2. To post as often as possible on "Gunslingers and Dark Towers" (I'm not prepared to commit to a number of daily posts ... my insomnia might go away, after all : ))
3. To work on a current WIP (either Novel #2 or a short story) each and every day.

We'll see how this works out ... : )

10 comments:

  1. I'm your first follower. Woot! I had to be, being such a great fan of King myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on reading some Stephen King this summer, seeing as he's kind of a genius and all. Um, I wish the boys outside my window would SHUT UP, since it's quiet hours, and I have a psych final tomorrow.

    Sorry, sidetracked. What's your favorite Stephen King book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall be watching and there WILL be a test at the end of term. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it!

    And if you start to waiver, use this for motivation: soon your dedication will inspire others to write posts like this and then you can pat yourself on the back and feel great while fanning yourself with your newly complete manuscript pages or short story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, best of luck! I'm not a huge Dark Tower fan, but I did love like everything else Stephen King ever wrote. Esp. Pet Sem and The Shining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some great goals! I'll have to check out that blog. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good going with the goals. Having a little writing contest, so come participate if ya wanna. :)

    ReplyDelete

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...