Sunday, May 10, 2009

The One that's For Mothers

So how did you spend Mothers Day?

The bulk of mine was spent working the yard at my mom's house. I used a leaf blower, I spread cow manure, I lugged slimy and nasty leaves on a tarp to the back of the forest area.

And I had a perfect day (minus the morning, but that's a different story that probably more accurately belongs in the private blog).

Pythagorus usually gets me jewelry or a car dock for my iPod or a Blackberry or something like that for a holiday. Today, instead, we spent the day together working ourselves to the bone to help my mother with her yard.

It meant a hundred times more.

So how did you spend the day? What are some memorable mothers day events you've experienced? Do you ever end up feeling disappointed?

Oh, and do you love my mom as much as I love my mom? The woman who once disliked me as much as I disliked her (we're both Scorpios ... and far too much alike) is now my best friend pretty much. I would take a bullet for my mother, no question. Ah, tomorrow perhaps a blog about the mother/daughter dynamic. Tonight, I'm too tired (and have too much laundry to fold ... and want to watch the "NCIS" I DVRd).

Happy Mothers Day, everyone : ) !