Sunday, March 8, 2009

No Life (a.k.a. Self-Imposed Exile)

I think I've become a very boring person.

To wit, I had plans to socialize twice this week. The first--a shopping day with the ladies--was disrupted by a migraine. The second, a dinner party given by a friend, I begged off of at the quasi-last minute because Pythagorus and I had been fighting all day and I couldn't stop crying.

So anyway, I'm starting to feel like I'm a very dull person, something I never would have expected. Is it true that this comes with old age? I so don't want to be one of those people repeating the story about fixing the chain mechanism in my toilet to a falsely enraptured group of people ...

What does it mean when you get along better with yourself than with other people?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room

As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...