Just posted this on my personal blog. Too tired (and zonked from pain meds) to type something different. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm alive : )
I woke up at three in the morning Friday night/Saturday morning with hard core abdominal pain. I went to the emergency room at eight or nine Saturday morning (I was hoping it would go away), and I was admitted with pancreatitis (my lipase was 1200--normal tops out at 200). I'm still here and still in a fair amount of pain, but it's a lot better than it was. Still can't eat or drink anything (even water), but hopefully that will come soon. Just getting a computer here is making a huge difference in my attitude lol. Will post more later.
Originally, this blog was intended to be my take on life, a way to write regularly, and so forth. I'd like to move it in a different direction a bit, using my own lens to contemplate stuff going on in the world. Please comment ... I love conversations!!!!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are Minorities Discouraged from Taking Upper-Level Classes?: The Elephant in the Room
As a public school teacher for sixteen years, I sometimes feel like I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen Standards come and go (and despite the brou...
-
I've been trying to figure out my definition of the word "normal" all afternoon, and I'm having a really hard time with it...
-
Friendship is an amazing thing. It's so odd how you can connect so strongly and completely with other people sometimes. Perhaps the be...
-
Pythagorus is on his way to McDonald's to get lunch for the four of us. I'm getting french fries. I know academically that this is...
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear about it, and I hope you get to feeling better soon. I had a similar weekend, because my wife was in the hospital as well, for a really bad infection. Anyway, thankfully she's out and feeling better, so here's hoping you get to feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness! I hope this Monday morning finds you feeling better. If you're off today, enjoy the vacation, hopefully comfortably numb on pain meds and able to enjoy food again.
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon..that sounds awful.
ReplyDelete